General Daily Hair Care Tips and Tricks for Dry Hair
Keeping your hair healthy, shiny, silky, strong and preventing or reducing dryness, takes paying great attention to your daily hair care routine.
1. Avoid harsh shampoos and chemicals that can damage and dry out your hair.
2. Do not shampoo too often. It causes hair dryness. Having dry, thick hair means only having to wash about every 3 days.
3. When you wash and massage your hair, don’t do it with your nails, but use your fingertips. Nails will irritate your scalp and cause your hair to break.
4. Condition your hair regularly. A good conditioner for dry hair will nourish and moisturize your hair and protect it from splitting.
5. Trim off split ends to prevent them from spreading up the hair strand.
6. Allow your hair to dry naturally as often as you can.
7. Chlorinated water can be extremely harmful for your hair and cause it to become very dry hair. Never swim without a cap.
8. Always be gentle when brushing your hair. Try and use a wide mouth comb if possible.Natural bristle brushes are the best choice for dry and damaged hair.
9. Don’t overexpose your hair to sun, as it will dry it out. Wear a hat whenever you can or apply protective creams, lotions, and balms before exposure to the sun.
10. When choosing hair products, always try to use all natural products with no chemicals.